Kale Salad Recipe
This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Kale Salad is healthy and super easy to toss together! Use ingredients you already have and you’ll make a delicious salad in no time!
This Kale Salad Recipe is amazing! I thought I should put something green in my mouth for a change and decided that ‘thing’ should be kale. I actually googled “superfoods” to see what I had on hand that I could throw into this salad. Turns out a lot of foods qualify. Who knew? I just grabbed those veggies from the fridge, some walnuts and a can of garbanzo beans from the pantry and threw it all together for a big dinner salad.
Kale Salad Recipe
This salad recipe is filled with healthy superfoods that aren’t only good for you but taste so good when all mixed and mingled together. Not to mention the yummy dressing that goes along with it. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Kale – the main ingredient to this salad recipe.
- Carrots – peeled and chopped, carrots are full of beta-carotene.
- Red Cabbage – if you hate this stuff leave it out. No big deal.
- Garbanzo Beans – canned, rinsed and drained. This is a great source of protein especially if you’re vegetarian.
- Mushrooms – once again if you hate mushrooms just leave them out. I think they add a nice flavor and texture combo.
- Curly Parsley – not the flat-leafed kind. They have slightly different tastes.
- Walnuts – chopped and toasted. If you like another nut here then try subbing it. Either way, you get a great crunchy texture.
- Dressing – I left a link to my White Balsamic Maple Dressing recipe so you all could try it with this kale salad. It is to die for!
How to Make Kale Salad
Place all chopped and prepared salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
Toss salad together with dressing and serve immediately.
Based on whatever dressings you like, feel free to toss this together with whatever you want! I made my White Balsamic Maple Dressing because I love a sweet vinaigrette and white balsamic is probably my favorite vinegar out there, but regular balsamic vinegar is pretty stellar too.
More Salads to Try!
- Super Greens Southwest Salad
- Crunchy Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Bacon Poppyseed Dressing
- Chopped Farro and Kale Greek Salad
- Cucumber Salad Recipe
Get the recipe for this salad below 🙂
Have a great day!
- 1 bunch kale washed and chopped well
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 6 large mushrooms wiped clean and chopped
- 1 cup curly parsley chopped
- 1 1/4 cup walnuts chopped and toasted
- 1 recipe White Balsamic Maple Dressing
- Place all salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make salad dressing recipe as stated on the previous recipe.
- Toss salad together with dressing and serve immediately.
[…] -Read More – […]
I am so hoping that by eating this salad every week (and I LOVE the vinaigrette), I will be able to drop these annoying last 10 pounds.
I have 4 kids…ages 1 to 16 and bedtime is still hard!
I’m always looking for new kale recipes. I can’t wait to try this!
Looks great! Trying it this weekend
Thank you for this healthy salad recipe!
Can’t wait to try this recipe! Going to use the kale we planted. Love your blog!
Need to try this one!
I have a load of kale in my fridge, and this salad is on my dinner list for the week! Can’t wait to try it!
This will be so great to make in the summer.
Laughing so hard, but slightly discouraged that the fighting bedtime doesn’t end… 🙂 We have four children 5 and younger, and I have been hoping they will grow out of this soon. 🙂 My new rule is that whoever gets out of bed has to be the first one in bed the next night. We’ll see how well it works. Good luck!
yum! we are making this!