Loaded Chicken Fajita Pizza
This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Fajita Pizza blends the best of two cuisines, Mexican and Italian! You don’t have to feel guilty about this pizza loaded with veggies.
Chicken Fajita Pizza | Absolutely Loaded
Chicken Fajita Pizza. Yes, it has real pizza crust and cheese, but tons of veggies! It’s like skinny Mexico on a pizza. You can make this fajita pizza the simple way with just peppers, onions, and chicken which is pretty tasty in and of itself… BUT… I think you’d like it much better loaded up with all sorts of healthy goodies.
Main Ingredients Needed
There are a couple of components to this loaded chicken fajita pizza. The dough, the sauce, the toppings that are baked, and the cold toppings. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Pizza Dough – feel free to use my pizza dough recipe or use store-bought. Just know that my homemade recipe tastes better and isn’t as hard to make as you think it is. Or you could even try out my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough if you are looking for a healthier option!
- Salsa and Mozzarella Cheese – this is the sauce and cheese to this pizza. Once again, homemade or store-bought salsa, the choice is yours.
- Chicken Breast, Onion, Bell Peppers, Grill Seasoning, and Cumin – this is what makes our fajita mix that is baked on top of the pizza.
- Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Cilantro, and Sour Cream – the combination of hot cheesy pizza with cold crunchy toppings makes my tastebuds go a little cray-cray. Especially if a creamy avocado piece is involved. Holy amazeballs Batman.
How to Make Chicken Fajita Pizza
Two options, bake or grill your Pizza. I’ll outline how to bake it down below and here is my how-to on grilling pizza (it’s delicious, trust me).
Step 1: Preheat the Oven and Prep the Dough
Preheat your oven and spread out your pizza dough on a baking sheet with either a Silpat or parchment paper lining it. Line with salsa and mozzarella cheese.
Step 2: Prepare Fajita Mix and Bake
While the oven is preheating prepare your fajita mix by cooking the chicken along with the veggies and seasonings. Spread the fajita mix on top of the pizza and bake until the crust is golden brown.
Step 3: Prepare Cold Toppings
While the pizza is baking, prepare the cold ingredients by washing and cutting them. Once the pizza is done, assemble the cold ingredients on top, cut, and serve!
More Recipes like Chicken Fajita Pizza!
Anyways, you need to jump on this pizza train this week and make it for dinner. It’s really really worth it.
Here’s the printable! Have a good day!
Loaded Chicken Fajita Pizza
For the fajita mix-
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Grill Seasoning for Chicken*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
For the pizza-
- 1 recipe Fail-Proof Pizza Dough
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees and spread out your pizza dough on a baking sheet with either a Silpat or parchment paper lining it. Line with salsa and mozzarella cheese.
- While the oven is preheating prepare your fajita mix by cooking the chicken along with the veggies and seasonings. Spread the fajita mix on top of the pizza and bake for 8 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- While the pizza is baking, prepare the cold ingredients by washing and cutting them. Once the pizza is done, assemble the cold ingredients on top, cut, and serve!
Made your Loaded Fajita Pizza tonight and I will be bragging to all my friend how delicious this was. Thank you so much for sharing.
So glad you enjoyed it! It’s one of our favorites 🙂
Just made this for my son and added sliced jalapeno peppers on top of everything else.. So good, I had to steal a slice. Thank you for such a wonderful recipe.
[…] Fajita Pizza from Lauren’s Latest […]
[…] (which I did not make), cookie dough brownies, caramelized onion, blue cheese and arugula pizza and loaded fajita pizza (minus the chicken), both on homemade dough. Far more food than four girls needed, but that means I […]
[…] Loaded Fajita Pizza from Laurens Latest. […]
I always wondered if you should bake the pizza crust a little before adding the toppings. I find that my dough stays kind of raw and then it turns me off from making pizza at home for a while.
Looks wonderful and I love that you loaded it up with toppings! And great job getting back in the swing of exercise! You can do it!:) I’m finding it harder and harder to keep up with my exercise during this pregnancy but I’m trying;)
[…] Mais ça, oui! […]
Good for you! Get out there and run. It’ll get easier again, and you’ll feel so good doing it!
I love your pizza flavors here. Would be a big hit in my house!
Pizza and Mexican flavors?! That sounds incredible!
Go mama!! I find it hard to muster up the strength to go to the gym certain days and I’m not even a mama yet! This pizza looks fab!!
Um, this looks incredible!! I love all of those toppings!
something tells me your look way better post partem than you let on 😉 this sounds fantastic though!
Yea, I pretty much stopped running the second I found out I was pregnant 🙂 Good for you for getting back to it! I kinda can’t wait. 😉
I want this pizza NOW! It looks amazing Lauren!
I started back running recently too and it’s pitiful. I can barely run as far as I used to. It’ll come back though! This pizza looks so good. I’m sold with the huge slices of avocado!
I couldn’t run a mile to save my life so I am super impressed!!
This pizza sounds incredible! congrats on going out running again! I need that kind of motivation!
Unhinge jaw… insert this entire pizza! Love it Lauren!
Ya! Glad you get to run again!
YA!! YA!! For this pizza! I want the whole pie!
Hooray on running again! It becomes such a pain to run from square 1. I’m currently training for a 10K and I haven’t run in months so I’m dealing with the soreness too! And yes, please sign me up for that batmobile, and this pizza. I need dinner #2 right now!