You have 0 items in your cart
Macro Friendly Chocolate Chip Muffins
Leave a comment!
April 6, 2021
This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chip Muffins (MF)
Its been a while since I posted a breakfasty recipe, so here she is! I love baked goods of all kinds and warm out of the oven, these ones do not disappoint! I first tested this recipe with regular sized sugar free chocolate chips and it didn't make the impact I was looking for. After double checking the macros for mini chocolate chips and realizing they were nearly identical to the sugar free kind, I created this recipe that me and my whole family love!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons truvia
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 scoops collagen peptides I use vital proteins; this is 6 tablespoons
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nonfat milk I used Fairlife protein milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degreed F. Line light colored muffin tins with paper liners OR spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Since this recipe doesn't have very much fat in it at all, the muffins will have a tendency to stick to the paper, especially when they are warm. So if you want to avoid that, don't use the paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, truvia, sugar, salt, baking powder and collagen together until incorporated.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in all the wet: egg whites, melted butter, vanilla and milk. Stir until batter is just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins and bake 15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the centers are fully baked. Enjoy warm or cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Feel free to microwave briefly to warm before enjoying.
More accurate macros using recommended brands for 1 muffin: 171 calories, 28.1g C/5.7g F/6g P
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 165mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg