You have 0 items in your cart
Macro Friendly Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
Leave a comment!
December 4, 2021
This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars (MF)
A sweet treat that reminds me of my childhood with a little more protein and a lot less fat! My husband devoured these! Hope you love them.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter I used PB Fit brand
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides I used Vital Proteins; 2 scoops
- 1/4 cup truvia
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup sugar free jam I used Smuckers SF Raspberry
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter I used Kirkland signature
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 square baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, oats, peanut butter, collagen peptides, truvia, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, butter and milk together until moist crumbs form. It will be crumbly and this is totally normal!
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumbs and set those aside to use as the crumb topping. To the remaining crumbs, stir with egg white. Press into the bottom of prepared baking dish evenly.
- Dollop the top with sugar free jam and then drizzle with peanut butter. Feel free to microwave the peanut butter to get it to drizzling consistency. With remaining crumbs, squeeze together to create larger chunks and sprinkle over the bars.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges look golden brown. If you're using an 8×8 pan, they will take a little longer because the bars are slightly thicker.
- Cool 15-20 minutes before using the parchment paper to remove completely from pan. Once at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut into 16 even bars and enjoy.
The more accurate macros for 1 serving (1/16th) of this recipe: 114 calories, 4.4g F/17.5g C/4.7g P.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 103IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg